My fascination with all things Phoenix began long long ago. I wish I could say it was an abstract concept to me but unfortunately the events of my life conspired to make it a very real metaphor. The never ending cycle of fiery death followed by new beginning is something I've known my whole life. Through tragic events I've found my center and 'arisen' out of despair and grief to be 'reborn' into peace and hope. Today I stand in the ashes. Waiting. Watching. Learning.
From Wikipedia - A phoenix is a mythical bird that is a fire spirit with a colorful plumage and a tail of gold and scarlet (or purple, blue, and green according to some legends). It has a 500 to 1000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again.
That is what this journey is all about for me. I'm currently standing in the ashes of my old self, my old life and trying to get a bead on just who this new phoenix is that's being reborn. What's different is this time I am aware in transit. I've found it's not much fun standing around in ashes though...
2 comments:
Hallos!! I was thinking of you yesterday, and wrote my blog post about you!
http://www.mabeltalk.com/2011/05/original-betty-who-started-bettying.html
I love your little bloggy here. It's a bit alarming that there's all this fire in a library, but I'm going to assume the books are specially made for phoenix, and so flame retardant. :-)
Hey London Mabel! I'm going to head over to read it now.
And being a Phoenix does have it's perks, it's not all burning up and molting and whatnot! One of them is control over all things fire! So yes these books will NEVER burn! It helps that they are made with Dragon scale covers and the pages are from petrified trees! ;-)
Post a Comment