Sunday, October 2, 2011

Wandering here and there trying to unclench...

I haven't the slightest idea what to write about. So this post will be all over the place. I'm sitting here at this computer late and I should be celebrating. I have to admit I did do a little happy dance a few minutes ago but it didn't last long and neither did the celebratory feelings. I bought a new laptop because my old one died. Next month is NaNo, so I'm already gearing up for it. The thought of being without a dedicated (as in mine) computer is deeply unappealing. So I bought myself a new one and I should be celebrating. I was for a few minutes. Now I'm again trying to unload other people's yucky negative mess.

As for the laptop well I know it doesn't sound like a big deal. It is. This is the first thing I've done for myself in almost three months. Wow! I just counted on my fingers and so much has happened in such a short amount of time. Either way my focus has been outward for that amount of time. My focus being outward for so long has taken its toll on me. I haven't noticed of course (outward focus). I am tired. Not in a good 'yay, I did it' sort of way, but in a 'Just one more step and I can rest' sort of way. Tired in a 'I'll have this glass of wine and listen to muzak until I can unclench my jaw' sort of way.

So I have a slight problem with conflict. I hate it. I didn't always hate it or maybe I was just better at it before I got all mature and stuff. No cracks about that! :-) Actually it was just easier when I had a 'temper'. What I mean is I always HAD to deal with conflict and so without a choice I did, occasionally with necessary roughness. But then I found a remedy and though that remedy worked oh so well I find that I maybe (just maybe) want a new way to deal with conflict. My method developed slowly over time. Without anger I learned to let go of negativity in all forms in myself and my life. See I learned a hard hard lesson about choosing ones life. All of ones life. I learned that you choose it all; everything from the smallest joy to the greatest tragedy. That there is always an 'opt-out'. The consequence has always turned out the same for me, it is solitude.

I can choose my friends, choose my family, choose my home, choose my job, choose my mood, choose my reactions, choose my attitude, choose it all. I can literally get rid of anything I find unacceptable. Not that it is easy, simple, or the best choice to do so. If I get sick I can choose not to be unhappy and I can choose a procedure and I can choose to wake each day with a Joi de Vivre because it may be my last. With relationships it took me a loooong time to realize this simple truth that it's MY choice. Once I did, WATCH OUT. I was choosing left and right. Getting rid of all the toxic people I had surrounded myself with and standing firm and resolute in the choices. No matter how lonely, how isolated, how dead I started to feel inside. Those small (ha!) feelings were nothing compared to the hurt, pain, anger, resentment, and sometimes despair I felt dealing with those people. That's what I reminded myself in those dark moments. It's what I remind myself now that I find myself stuck in a rut now.

Because apparently I missed a lesson somewhere along the line. I missed how to cultivate healthy relationships. I missed how to make good friends that may one day develop into healthy happy family. I missed how to be in the world (not of it). I used to know that last one a loooong time ago in the distant misty time past I knew how to be in the world but not of it. I don't feel in the world now or of it and I can't decide whether that is an improvement or not.

I saw a Shooting Star yesterday. I made a wish spontaneously. Felt absolutely awe-some about it (the star not the wish). Shared the sighting with a family member and that person asked if I had wished for a specific horrible thing not happen to HIM. Corruption! Then another person joined in asking if it wasn't a falling satellite ("that hit you in the head" hahaha) or passing plane or etc blah blah. I refused to be drawn into such talk. I girded my loins against the emotional and spiritual attack. But there's a lesson here... A lesson I thought I had learned more than once. A lesson that doesn't distract from the positive relationship building but enables it. Must choose. Again.

Ah, these positive thoughts and feelings seem to flow like sand through fingers. . . Must unclench.

6 comments:

Skye said...

I love the way your mind works, and how hard you work to make your life your own. You deserve celebrations just for that.

As for developing healthy relationships, well, you have my email. :) And possibly Julie's. Just sayin'.

Kat Phoenix said...

I hear ya 'just sayin'. Thanks for the timely reminder! Easy for me to get lost in recrimination against myself and the seemingly never-ending fight against outside negativity and forget that I must CULTIVATE the positive relationships in my life. Not just bemoan my fate! You guys will definitely be getting emails from me. Sorry I've been such a crappy online friend and thanks for the continuing support.

Anonymous said...

What Skye said!

Also, hey... getting a new laptop is freaking HUGE!!! Dance around the room a few more times, you ended the celebration way too soon.

Falling star wishes? Totally magical, and don't let ANYONE tell you otherwise.
Julie

London Mabel said...

Howdee! I haven't been on my Bettyblogs in weeks, and here you are back again! Yay!

One of the things I've experienced this year is that real friendships can happen online, despite what anyone says. But ya, you do have to put yourself out there a bit. :-)

One of my online friends said they're called Frogs - friends made on blogs. ;-)

Kat Phoenix said...

Just saw a doe and three fawns cross the street in front of the house! Beautiful and serene, I held my breath until the last curious little one had passed. I want to share it with you guys and say, "Hey! It's a wonderful world we live in."

@LondonMabel Hey! Nice hearing from you again. Frogs, huh? I might like it. :-)

@Julie Magic is in the air alright.

Eva El Beze said...

i think you have chosen quite well and am impressed by your outlook, you keep me floating many times when i feel like sinking! thanks and congrats on the computer, download skype would ya :-)