Wednesday, October 5, 2011

That Time of Year

So it is that time of year for me . . . You know, the sharpen the wits, build the collage, get a new computer, spend way too much time wandering about the internets looking for the illusive 'writing software deluxe'. Yep It's Pre-Nano time! For those of you who don't know, (basically the one person who may have stumbled in here accidentally), NaNoWriMo or NaNo for short is National Novel Writing Month that begins in November. That makes October for dweebs like me Pre-NaNo Month. Click on the name to head over to the website for more info.

As for me, I'm revving up already. It's like a department store Holiday for me. It starts earlier every year. :-) So I've got my new laptop. It's in the mail should arrive today. I've signed up for Scrivener for Windows AND WriteWay. I've been eying my still incomplete previous NaNo novel with ideas of revision and am constantly on alert for any wisps of new plot ideas. Basically it's the night before Disneyworld over here. So fellow blogsters tell me. What are you planning for the month of November?

An additional note in the haphazard organizer of my brain is the upcoming Hunter's Moon followed by Samhain <Halloween>. Any plans or special events going on with you guys? And Can you tell Autumn is my favorite Season? :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not my favorite season, but I am definitely striving to see the positive in all things, so I'll just say that as we get farther into autumn, we are closer to winter and I'm kind of looking forward to trudging around the neighborhood in the snow (provided we DO get some snow).

Just found out today that Hanna is going to base this year's NaNo on my mother. She interviewed her today for a post about breast cancer. The quotes I saw earlier are hysterically WAY out there.
Julie

Kat Phoenix said...

Read Hanna's post and Loved it!