Thursday, June 23, 2011

Transmissions from a storm

You know how you hear those recordings of radio transmissions from ships or planes in a storm and they are staticky and incomplete? Well this is one of those transmissions. A bit broken up and filled with staticky pauses that are sure to be filled with pertinent information. Well this life thing ain't no joke. If it is it's one of those had to be there kind of jokes. :-D *crackle crackle* Many things have occurred and been overcome, endured, learned from or just ignored and it's only been a couple of weeks since I last posted! Some of the things I need to talk about are Loss and acceptance of change.

*crackle crackle*
Recently my last good friend here in the city where I live has moved away. She moved very far away to a different country. While leaving the country permanently isn't typical leaving this city seems to be the trend. It is exorbitantly expensive here in flagrant opposition to the current financial climate of the entire country. So despite being a native of this place she and her entire family (parents included) have gone. Leaving me here trying to figure out exactly where I'm going and why I'm still here. I miss her.

*crackle crackle*
Change. It's such a scary sort of word. This part of change is the worst for me. It's the right in the middle struggling along, can't see the outcome, turbulent time of change. The part where you can't tell yet if it's all going to turn out the way you thought and you can't even  be sure you're doing it right. It's getting exciting though! So for all three of you that check in here I stopped in to say- "Hi! I'm Fine! Stand back and watch out for the metamorphic ectoplasm I'm splashing about! See you on the other side!" *crackle crackle*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One - whew, good to see you, here and at my place.

B) Life is just like this sometimes isn't? All full of static and sporadic message deliveries. You are NOT alone! We ALL go through this... and even if you cannot see the end, you can know (yes KNOW!) that the lessons are valuable, so keep on this path, it leads to a fabulous place.
Julie
(waving back)

Skye said...

Yes, good to see you back, my dear. Missed you.

I completely relate to having friends leave or otherwise become unavailable. Solitude is no fun. But it does allow you to focus on your own change.

I hate change, and yet I initiate it all the time. So maybe it's time to acknowledge that I don't always hate change. I just hate the loss of control it brings and, like you say, not being able to see where you will end up. That's scary, like a rollercoaster. It sounds like you are riding it gracefully however, so good for you. I'm cheering for you!

Eva El Beze said...

just saw this..........crackle crackle..........