Monday, September 12, 2011
My Brother, My Dog
My brother, friend, confidante, and protector is also my dog. Or my mother's dog if you want to be exact. I realized recently that in 'dog years' we are the same age (making us brother and sister in my mind) and we love each other more than bacon. Which says a lot because we both really really love bacon. We are the first thing we want to see upon waking. Our morning ritual includes lots of gratuitous petting in between sips of coffee and the last walk of the night before bed usually ends with same after he accompanies me on a walk through check of the house. When we are sad, hurt, excited, happy, or bored we seek each other out. We get mad or hurt and show it but neither of us can hold a grudge for long. It is the best relationship I've ever had. He soothes my soul and I hope I do the same for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a wonderful brother! He sounds like everything I ever wanted for a brother, except for the four-feet and not being able to actually talk to you. But having the emotional support is great!
I'm so glad to see you writing again. I missed you.
Yeah the emotional support is great except for at bath time! lol Then it war and after he gets an attitude but at least we get over it quick.
As for showing up here, a friend of mine sent me an email last week that only had a subject which said 'In certain ways writing is a form of prayer - Denise Levertov'. I took that as a not so subtle hint and well I'm trying to pray.
Post a Comment